Location Rio de Janeiro
Consultant Rogério Sielski
Date posted 22 de Maio de 2018Rua do Rócio, 350 Vila Olímpia - São Paulo - SP Robert Walters Brazil
An outstanding controller role at an international insurance company based in Rio de Janeiro has recently become available. The company are looking to recruit an experienced and driven professional to join their team.
Main duties and accountabilities will be:
- Oversee the preparation of legal entity (local GAAP) and the regulatory reporting.
- Provide leadership, oversight and accountability over all accounting responsibilities; including the financial close process.
- Oversee the maintenance of capital and liquidity
- Liaise with underwriting support and credit control teams in respect of processing, bordereau administration, premium estimation and collection
- Oversee preparation of tax filings and provisions and engagement of third party tax advisors
- Manage relationship and engagement with external audit firm
- Collaborate on a worldwide basis with other functional areas, including: tax, treasury, investments, actuarial, legal and regulatory, compliance, reinsurance, credit control and underwriting support services, to resolve issues and support achievement of business goals
- Oversee cash management functions, including cash receipt and application, disbursements, reconciliation and safeguarding and associated accounting
- Qualified accountant with significant experience in the insurance sector at a senior level
- Professional working proficiency with Portuguese & English
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of MS office suite