Salary BRL15,000 - BRL19,000 per month
Location Rio de JaneiroFULL_TIME
Consultant Richard Townsend
Date posted 10 de Janeiro de 2019 2019-01-102019-03-11 accountancy Rio de Janeiro BR BRL 15000 19000 19000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.br https://www.robertwalters.com.br/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading global professional services organization is currently offering an experienced financial controller the opportunity to join them in a dynamic and strategic position. This business has been able to create an international reputation for excellence by focusing on people and the relationships it creates. It is known for empowering its staff, in turn allowing them to build a great partnership with their customers.
In the role of Financial Controller you will be the second in charge in Brazil, reporting directly in to the country manager and therefore having a considerable level of responsibility. You will be expected to contribute to the growth of the company by creating a tight internal controls environment and advising the senior management on strategic decisions. You must have strong attention to detail but also have the ability to think commercially.
The Financial Controller will be based in Rio de Janeiro and will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyzing commercial opportunities to identify risks and advising senior management accordingly
- Full management of the treasury function including detailed cash-flow
- Full responsibility of the P&L to manage costs
- Controlling tax calculations, and payments to fiscal authorities
- Create a tight internal controls environment to ensure accurate financial reports
- Partner with key stakeholders in the preparation of the annual budget
- Detailed analysis of financial reports to understand customers, revenue and margin
- Detailed reporting and analysis of payroll
- Developing relationships with external suppliers
- Credit control
- Managing 1 direct report
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following attributes:
- Experience working in an international business
- Fluent Portuguese and English
- Previous experience working in a professional services business, particularly those based on consulting services
- Detailed knowledge of Brazilian payroll and labor laws
- The ability to manage a small team and develop staff
- Experience in credit management/credit risk
This role is based in Rio de Janeiro. Please only apply for this role if you are currently based in Rio or are willing to relocate.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply with a copy of your CV in English.