Legal & Compliance Director
Location São Paulo
Consultant Guilherme Nicolau
Date posted 4 de Julho de 2018Rua do Rócio, 350 Vila Olímpia - São Paulo - SP Robert Walters Brazil
Our client, a major multinational corporation, seeks to hire a Legal and Compliance Director for its operation in Brazil.
This position requires a Brazilian legal degree, as well as fluency in written and spoken English and 10+ years of experience as a corporate attorney. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in commercial contracts and negotiation, a solid general corporate background with exposure to M&A transactions, knowledge in corporate governance. Leadership skills and an ability to work independently are crucial to this role.
This is a great opportunity for an attorney who wants to be challenged and understands big companies’ top management. This corporation offers great benefits and a competitive compensation package.
- 10+ years of experience as a corporate attorney
- Experience in one of the following industries: construction, oil & gas, chemicals, infrastructure, power, energy and / or mining
- A legal degree received in Brazil with strong academic credentials, and the ability to practice law in Brazil
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Experience as a practicing attorney at top tier law firms and in-house as part of a relevant corporation
- Demonstrated experience with commercial agreements, negotiations, mergers & acquisitions, transactions, and general corporate matters
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work independently
- Dynamic, collaborating, hands on, open minded profile
Applicants without these qualifications will not be considered.
Please apply through the website.
Applications must include a resume written in English.