Advogado Pleno - Seguros
Location São Paulo
Consultant Guilherme Nicolau
Date posted 17 de Abril de 2018Rua do Rócio, 350 Vila Olímpia - São Paulo - SP Robert Walters Brazil
Our client, a major law firm, leader in this area, is looking for an Insurance Lawyer. The ideal candidate should have fluent English (Spanish is desirable) and strong expertise (acquired at an top tier law firm or insurance company) handling a broad range of topics relating to insurance, reinsurance and pensions, specially D&O.
Range of topics in the area:
- D&O expertise is a must;
- Assistance with regulatory issues;
- General corporate matters;
- Portfolio transfers;
- Setting up insurance and reinsurance companies;
- Legal opinion concerning complex market related topics;
- Drafting policy wording;
- Negotiation and drafting reinsurance, distribution and bancassurance agreements;
- Registration of foreign reinsurers and renewal documentation;
- Defending regulated entities and their managers in administrative disciplinary proceedings;
- Acting as expert witness in foreign courts on insurance and reinsurance matters;
- Setting up and carrying out in-company courses.
- Claims adjustment of D&O, E&O and surety;
- Legal assistance on claim adjustment of property and engineering insurance claims;
- Defending the interests of insurers in lawsuits involving, D&O, E&O, surety, engineering property insurance, among others;
- Defending insurers and reinsurers in arbitration proceedings;
- Defending the interest of insurers in class actions and public civil actions.
- Fluent English (Spanish is desirable)
- Law Degree from a top Brazilian University;
- From 4 to 8 years PQE (in top tier law firm in the insurance area or insurance company);
- Deep technical knowledge in the field, specially D&O;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Time management skills, the ability to meet crucial deadlines and work under pressure;
- Ability to lead the team, reinforce policies and promote firm culture;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong management skills; capable of managing multiple engagements;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and with others;
- Open minded, proactive profile;
- Leading profile.
The firm offers a competitive salary plus a top benefits package.