Compliance Manager (International Bank)
Location São PauloFULL_TIME
Consultant Guilherme Nicolau
Date posted 10 de Setembro de 2018 2018-09-102018-10-27 banking Rua do Rócio, 350 Vila Olímpia - São Paulo - SP Robert Walters Brazil
Our client, a leading international commercial bank, has a need for a Compliance Manager. Previous experience in financial services compliance (preferably in an international bank) and fluency in English are mandatory.
This role is responsible for managing the Compliance function within the business in order to ensure that the image and reputation of the bank are preserved, avoiding any financial damages. Monitors and acts, if necessary, in processes, people, companies and operations, ensuring effective tracking and resolution of Compliance owned risk issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and support the ongoing development, articulation, dissemination and implementation of the process culture improvement strategy across Compliance.
- Prepare and review all available policies, procedures and workflows. Ensure that all updates made by the entity are implemented and the policies updated in the repository.
- Review and approve any new product on the NPP committee.
- Is responsible for analysing the suitability of new clients (negative media, sanctions, politically exposed person, etc.) before they are approved in committee
- Is responsible for the bank's socio-environmental policy and action plan to make feasible what is written in the policy.
- Is responsible for the anti-money laundering program, monitoring and reporting suspicious cases.
- Monitor the activities of the treasury desk.
- Is responsible for monitoring what employees are sending out of the bank (information security) and acting where applicable. It also analyses potential conflicts of interest of employees with the bank.
- Receives, analyses and acts, where applicable, in denunciations made by the ombudsman channel.
- Is responsible for the organization of the new clients committee, generating minutes for each meeting.
- Provide technical support to all areas of the bank.
- Makes reports and indicators for local or global reporting with all requested information.
- Makes analysis of product suitability.
- Mapping of internal controls and their maintenance.
- Facilitate relevant training sessions for the location’s employees.
- Maintain current knowledge of local laws on Sanctions and the laws applicable to the bank.
- Coordinate, with the Human Resources Department, the employee’s assessment process in terms of their reliability and ensure that there are “Know Your Employee” procedures established, which includes the monitoring of external signs of wealth, as required in the AML regulation.
- Monitor the employees personal accounts and outside activities in order to avoid insider trading and conflicts of interest, respectively.
- Ensure that the whistleblowing channel is properly working and that adequate procedures are in place to treat and process any denounce.
- Ensure that reputational risk are always duly assessed in all decision taking in products and clients approvals Identify, prioritize, initiate and deliver specific process improvement projects.
- Graduate in Business Administration, Accounting, Law and related.
- 10+ years overall financial industry experience.
- 10+ years experience in Compliance or a relevant field.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English (written and spoken).
- German language is desirable.
- Investigation experience (CIRCOI system).
- Advanced knowledge in Excel.
- Ability to transform data into presentations.
- Manage time and be organized.
- Analytical skills.
- Audit experience.
- CAMS (certified anti money laundry specialist) certification is desirable.
- Trade surveillance (treasury) experience.
- Good or detailed knowledge regarding Brazilian and international banking and securities laws, regulations and standards, especially regarding Central & Markets Compliance, Securities, AML / CTF, Anti-Fraud and Sanctions.
- Familiarity with the product and client type portfolio of the entity/branch.
- Experience in dealing with regulators.
- Generally strong communication skills.
Please apply through the website and submit resumes in English.