Salary BRL17000 - BRL22000 por mes
Location São Paulo
Consultant Eduardo Utiyama
Date posted 19 de Dezembro de 2016
Working at the regional head office in Brazil and reporting to the Regional CFO, your responsibilities will include the review controllership of federal, state and municipal taxes, correspondent compliance obligation, administrative and judicial process management, and tax audits. You will be an important part of the business strategy and will interact with the leaders to guarantee that the Company is conducted in the most efficient way to reduce costs and optimize tax savings.
As a part of the Finance Team, you will be based in São Paulo but will work closely with our other Global offices. Using the Regional current structure, you will support the CFO with determining how best to structure the region to generate the most tax efficient outcome and effective tax planning initiatives.
The successful applicant will be highly able to work autonomously as well as part of a Global finance team. He will have a solid tax background and good accounting knowledge as well.
- Faithful fulfilment of all the main and accessory obligations (tax payment and filling out of information to the various tax entities), in addition to tax planning, follow-up of the legislation in force and guidance to the various areas of the business where taxes are involved.
- To ensure the correct assessment of taxes throughout all levels, aiming at their appropriate application, so as to avoid the arising of contingencies for the absence of fulfilment of main or accessory obligations, as well as to guarantee the integrity of the corporation before tax entities at federal, state or municipal level.
- To guarantee the correct application of the laws relative to the Brazilian tax system, aiming at fiscal savings, whenever possible, within the available legal rules.
- To support the business areas in the development of their activities, thus reducing the weight of the fiscal aspects in the operations and maximizing the result through the more appropriate application of taxes for each case (tax planning)
- To be prepared to meet all and any corporate governance requirement through appropriate controls.
- To comply with inspections of all levels, to propose special systems, to look for planning opportunities and fiscal benefits through the contact with federal, state and municipal organs where we have business units or where some opportunities may arise.
- Managing the tax team, providing coaching and appropriate structure.
- 10+ years of working experience in multinational companies within tax & audit field
- Solid accounting skills along with working knowledge and experience in IFRS and tax accounting in Brazil and LATAM
- Bachelors degree in accounting, economics or related field
- Experience in retail industry, in SAP & Mastersaf Tax System is a plus
- Experience with regional Indirect & Direct Tax responsibilities for a multinational company
- Experience executing cross-functional projects in a very fast paced environment is the key to the success of this position
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to communicate indirect tax and direct tax matters succinctly to individuals from none tax background
- Highly Hands-on, self-motivated, process oriented and highly organised
- Demonstrated team management skills
- Good analytical skills, flexible, creative and results oriented
- Enjoys and thrives working with and in a cross-functional team
- English fluency
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you have significant tax experience, including Brazil tax compliance, tax planning and tax litigation as well as strong accounting knowledge. You must dominate Brazilian tax regulation.