Sr. Tax Specialist Latin America
Consultant Rogério Sielski
Date posted 5 de Novembro de 2018 2018-11-052018-12-31 oil-and-gas Rua do Rócio, 350 Vila Olímpia - São Paulo - SP
Our client, a multinational company in the Oil and Gas Industry is looking for and experienced and highly motivated Sr. Tax Specialist for Latin America region, sited at their office in Qatar.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Responsibility for the tax affairs the Group in Latin America, including international tax planning, consulting, compliance.
- Ensure the Group is fully compliant with tax requirements in Latin America.
- Contribute to the Group’s tax policies, procedures and special project matters.
- Reporting requirements to Management on the tax affairs of the Group in Latin America.
- Monitor legislative developments in Latin America to ensure Group tax compliance and raise pertinent matters to Management.
- Position requires regular continuing professional education related to international tax matters.
- Provide tax technical direction in developing and implementing international tax strategies, as it pertains to the Group’s Latin American investments and ensuring consistency with the international tax strategy at a global level.
- Lead the international tax planning initiatives to determine the impact of new areas of business, strategy or investment in Latin America.
- Lead M&A activity from a tax perspective in Latin America and advise on the appropriate tax structures considering equity investment and financing.
- Manage all tax filings of the Group in Latin America, including tax reporting & tax provisioning and maintain oversight of all tax inquiries, assessments and audits of the Group in Latin America.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining or redesigning tax processes or structures within the Group.
- Support the business through tax review of transaction and or other contracts / agreements relating to business activities in Latin America.
- Monitor and effectively manage Group’s tax risk as well as ensure efficient retention of the Group tax information in Latin America.
- Implementing a reporting mechanism for the Group’s Latin American tax affairs to ensure tax risks are identified and escalated for remedial action where necessary.
- Engage with local management of joint ventures / joint operations in Latin America to ensure the entity is compliant with local taxes and any tax risk matters have been identified and documented.
- BA in Accounting / Tax Accounting;
- Chartered Accountant and / or a recognized international professional qualification in Accounting and / or Taxation (ACCA, CPA, ACA, etc.) is required.
- Technical tax expertise with an emphasis in the international area, including transfer pricing, OECD BEPS, international structuring and M&A;
- Experience relating to upstream oil and gas activities in Latin America would be considered an asset.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in Portuguese and / or Spanish would be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate in multi-task environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a cross function working environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to make effective presentations.
- At least 10 years of international tax experience in a Big Four firms or in industry.